Environmental insurance should be a routine purchase for any business including property owners. However often there is an over-reliance on the tenants commercial insurances when it comes to pollution and damage to the environment.
All it takes is a fire and your client can be left with uninsured expenses for clean-up costs to their own property not to mention emergency expenses associated with preventing the resulting spread of pollution to other businesses and land around you
What does the Product do?
The core function of the EPUL Policy SECTION H is to cover the landlord / property owners legal liability for third party claims (including statutory regulator costs) for clean-up costs, bodily injury and property damage arising from a pollution release / environmental damage event that occurs after the retroactive date.
Cover is for European Economic Area (EEA) domiciled companies, with EEA locations.
- Cover for property owner for legal liability attaching to them following a pollution event by a tenant.
- Clean-up of pollution on the Insured’s own property / property within their control
- Clean up of third party premises where required by environmental law
- Indemnity for emergency expense incurred by the Insured to limit the extent of pollution following a covered event
- Gradual seepage of pollution
- Statutory Liability – Regulator costs following an incident
- Costs and expense for Environmental Damage caused due to a pollution event – in other words no civil liability but environmental regulators requiring compensation for costs incurred themselves or damage to the environment.
- Cover €1,000,000 Policy aggregate provided under the policy